Saturday, June 21, 2008

Stupid things about Apple, post 15: 'Speculation about the death of Steve Jobs'

I love Apple, not just because I can spell it, there are other reasons which I'm not willing to go into right now...it's complicated.

That said, I've made a few observations recenty regarding speculation about whether Steve Jobs is dying or not. Well I have it on good authority that he is, in fact, dying, right now, as I type this.




In fairness, I too am dyig as I write this, as you are dying as you read this. In the great words of Ed Norton's character in Fight Club, "On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero." And so there you have it, the Reaper awaits us all. Which leads me to question Apple's strategy, of appointing a mortal CEO, when it is clear that should the CEO (lie in all other companies) be responsible for some, part or all of the company's success, why any organisaton would appoint one who is more than likely going to die.

and I think the new 'Mac/PC ads are a bit on the insensitive side...

If Apple wants to futureproof itself, and maintain its dominant position, it should appoint either;
A. A God.
B. A Vampire.
or
C. A Robot.

...all of which I am cool with.

No comments: