Sunday, April 10, 2011

Stupid things about Apple, post 16: iPad 2 shortages explained.

I love Apple, so much so that I convinced one of my friends to name their kid Apple. True story.  Which reminds me, there's been a lot of chatter around the iPad 2 shortages, and I wanted to offer an opinion explanation which should put your mind at ease.
The fact is, Apple has plenty of iPad 2's in storage, ready to ship, making any lead/wait time null and void, however, what good would that be?  Imagine, actually getting what you want (or have paid for) and getting it almost immediately!! Where'd that leave anticipation? Where'd that leave raw consumer-lust?  People stop wanting something the second they have it, which really is a sales and marketing nightmare.

Just think, what if they actually released something like Duke Nukem Forever? (Are we still waiting for this, or did it get released whan I was looking away from the internets?)  Imagine.

Almost as unthinkable as "The New MacBook Pro: (Actually really being) The Last Notebook You’ll Ever Need." They'd go out of business. Shocking.  I hazard to say that a product pre-release is perfect (being nothing more than a promise), until it's generally available, then it's just another actual product. Yawn.  The longer a product can remain in pre-release, the better it is for the company doing the releasing.  This strategy is called Wait Marketing, and I'm an EXPERT.  How, we'll it's been years since I last posted, and my google analytics show that I have hundreds of visitors every day, messaging me, begging for a 'new post (please grovel-grovel, etc).

So sorry for making you wait so long, I know it can't have been easy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The factory fire is a cover story.

Anonymous said...

True!