Monday, June 13, 2011

Stupid things about Apple, post 17: Steve is in Heaven.

I Apple so much, I have resorted to using the symbol, and I think I Steve too.

I have to say that the latest WWDC truck-load of iOS and OSX feature releases almost distracted me from worrying about how sick Steve looks.  I mean, he looks really, really sick.  He even sounded sick, like deathbed sick.  I kept waiting for him to reach for the oxygen, or start telling us how much he loves us, and not to worry, because he is going to a better place.  But then I realised...for Steve, there is no better place.

Steve's a Buddhist, they don't believe in life after death or heaven or any of that contrived shit.  They're all about the 'now' and 'going with the flow' and 'mastering themselves and their lives and stuff.' Well, if you had to point to a moment where someone was at the absolute pinnacle of their life, on top of their (and everybody else's) game, and were just repeatedly kicking the proverbial ass over and over and over again, it's be Steve doing his thing at this month's WWDC.  So if he dies tomorrow, he'll be able to go knowing he has truly lived, and I think (seriously) that no one will ever be able to write Apple's value (market or influence) down a cent if he did, because people like that don't stop influencing and leading thought after they die, and it's Apple's thinking which makes it what is it.

No comments: