Thursday, August 17, 2006

Stupid things about Apple, post 1: 'Leopard is Dalmatian'

I know you love Apple, because I love Apple, and because we share this special love, I know you know that I don't mean any harm when I post this.

Apple Computer's graphic for Leopard looks more like Dalmatian, or maybe cow, but not Leopard, unless you're severely colourblind, which you're not, and if you are and you're reading this, how do you manage in traffic?


That said, I always like to substantiate my brilliant observations with images where necessary.


This is a Leopard, not much like Steve's version now is it?

This is a dalmatian, much more like Steve's version now.

Here we choose a section of the dog's fur.

Then we crop...

Then we add a couple of gradient layers...

Making sure that the white end of the scale is transparent...

Your layers are building up all Appley...

Now you add your big 'X' your, "I'm alluding to the Roman Empire, kneel before me!" X.

Now add your narcissistic text, or in this case, witty text.

Now drop a shadow off your big romanesque, looks a bit like what Darth Vader would do if he was a graphic designer, shiny shiny, now available in glossy screen black MacBook type X.


And there you have it, your new OS is actually being sold to you via a dog..or is it a cow...or is it a dogcow, moooooof. Yeah, I know it's a bit amateurish, but you probably got here via digg, so sux to be you.

1 comment:

Alex Keswick-Codlin said...

FIRST POST! This is one of the coolest things I've ever seen man. You are awesome! That thing about the 'X' that was hot, you rule.